Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love that new video Shawn!

Attention, long text.

I have been to the range again yesterday and a few sensations occurred to me.
    • i said i slice with all techniques, be it WIG, Textbook, whatsoever. I need to make an adjustment, it is a straight slice, not a pull or push slice. Starts on target line, slices away. For me this is a result of club face open to path due to flipping the hands at the ball
    • until some point yesterday i didn't really have that expansive feeling getting into the backswing and really turning my hips
    • i thought the feeling of having my shoulders slightly turned at address due to braced tilt when playing a fade / neutral flight is a bad thing and may only occur when playing a draw.
    • to have a club face that is square at impact i need a grip that is much stronger than i would have thought. It is showing 4-5 knuckles on the left hand at address

I went for a really expansive feeling, but also a feeling of taking away the club in line with the target line. What i found is that i need to take away the club much more to the outside to have a feeling of being able to access the target. To achieve the feeling of expansiveness i experienced a real big hip turn for the first time!

Initiating the downswing i had a feeling that i tried to throw the club to the target, getting my hips out of the way in sync with that and really opening up to the target.

I did that and was then pull-slicing the balls for some reason, not bad, it could even be described as a fade, but it didn't feel right because i felt how my arms didn't feel expanded after impact. I could have never thrown a club to the target this way, it was manipulated !

So i worked on that in the progress... and felling an expansiveness through the downswing all of a sudden resultet in me turning my head to the target much earlier, it felt like ages before the impact !
    So i was already beginning to look at the target when the ball departed from the ground, it shot into my field of view from underneath, great sensation.
    I felt that this was the kind of move i would have done to throw the club to the target and all of a sudden i really felt how i didn't pay attention to the ball anymore, and i wasn't even looking at it anymore at the moment of impact.

Results were great. Straight flight to the target, good distance and a really effortless swing.

Yes, i can hit it a little bit further, probably a club's length, if i really concentrate on hinging the club as much as i can into the backswing, shift the weight forward and get through the ball nicely. But it is distance without a lot of control and it is not very repeatable for me. And on the course it is a different story! I don't get that kind of length on the course, whereas doing the WIG imagination on course always felt very natural to me and produced the same results like on the range.

I guess i expected WIG to be an easy golf swing and i guess it really is, but the hard thing is to give away the habit of the urge to control the shot. I was just throwing something in the paper bin and i sure as hell haven't controlled that move.
    I will stick to the idea of throwing the club to the target in an expansive matter!

Comment

I know this a is an old thread But I been watching some video in 2015 discussing lead arm in the golf swing by Shawn and they have been golden I believe to have efficient motion it has to be a “backhand swing” with the lead hand right
      hand for left swing and left hand for righty swing.
      I basically use a forehand approach only for putting or wedge shots shots around the around as striking/striking techniques.

Comment

Originally posted by dlam View Post
        I know this a is an old thread But I been watching some video in 2015 discussing lead arm in the golf swing by Shawn and they have been golden I believe to have efficient motion it has to be a “backhand swing” with the lead hand right
        hand for left swing and left hand for righty swing.
        I basically use a forehand approach only for putting or wedge shots shots around the around as striking/striking techniques.

HI dlam, Aloha WIG Friends around the world..

glad to see you bringing some focus back on to the whole 'arms thing'..

Been mulling over some of these same concepts in parallel .. over the past few years, I've been looking at varieties of swing concepts in comparison with WIG and some of Shawn's most basic teachings.

I'm happy to move this to some other discussion if need be - I don't want to 'thread jack' this -

But one thing that I noticed earlier this year was Shawn's having the hands form one grip and work together as a Unit..

key concept - that the hands and arms become One Thing.. and that resulting unit works together through the swing.

I'll stretch the point a little - as it finally clicked for me just before the end of this year's golf season - where I actually had the hands not so much 'taking turns' .. a distinct sense of pressure going back and then having to hold off the Right hand or using it as part of a 'hit'..

well .. long story short, for whatever reason .. I got into a zone where I had the right things working .. and the hands suddenly became available to be 1 Grip and work together as 1 thing..

hmmmmm...

I think it also gets into the whole notion of how your grip is constructed on the handle.. you get it wrong .. and your hands can't become 1 with the club.. that which you need to have it work as a unit simply isn't completely available ..

and as a result -- you work with what you've got ..

it's the capacity that you build into your system that begins to determine your actual swing and shot potential..

I guess that's a bit overly basic .. but for me .. a bit of a mini breakthrough..

cheers for now

k_f

from the hidden Ravine below 13th at CN G&CC
        tu nunquam hic

Secret Swing Tech c/o Pigaman @ Crackpot Labs

wisdomingolf.com/index.php?option=com_ku...&id=47972&Itemid=225

let energy instead of style define you.

Proud Member 'Quote Yourself Club'

Comment

Working...
        X