Loose Arms and Don't try and cut the grass with your hands! lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose Arms and Don't try and cut the grass with your hands! lol

Hi, I have been away for a while, at first I had great improvement with WIG and then I came to a standstill and felt like I was hitting my head against a wall. I changed back to my old swing and I think I was getting worse. So yesterday, I had to play matchplay for my club, and I decided to change back to WIG's swing at the first tee (as you do!!!!!), I was going okay but nothing special, I was trying to cut the grass, but I seemed to be getting stuck etc, and on the back nine I had a mini break through, take your arms and hands out of the swing and let your body and momentum swing the club.....Wow, what a difference, I still had some crappy shots, but I also had a lot of beautiful ones too. I lost the match on the 18th hole. I am back with my tail between my legs.lol

Hi Julie --

welcome back - seemed too quiet around here without you ..glad you had some success in your Match and maybe finding a bit of a 'click' in your swing..

so a body turn and its sequence seem to work...

hmmmm

that sounds like a visit to the Hogan Power Move videos for you..

might be worth a look..

keep swinging my friend

cheers

k_f
    from the hidden Ravine below 13th at CN G&CC
    tu nunquam hic

Secret Swing Tech c/o Pigaman @ Crackpot Labs

wisdomingolf.com/index.php?option=com_ku...&id=47972&Itemid=225

let energy instead of style define you.

Proud Member 'Quote Yourself Club'

Comment

Glad you're back Julie H! I've been around WIG technique since late 2012. I left one time into my old swing (PPGS) as I misapplied the braced tilt, did some lower back pain! So, I came back into WIG again late 2013, and have mostly stuck with it. When I think of that old swing, it had some wondrous range outings, but carried poorly to the course.

I also recall horrid golfer's elbow using it 6-7 yrs. ago that required nearly 3 mos. of PT, no golf. The last straw was some tennis elbow in same left lead arm in 2013. In the speak of injury, for some random and frustrated reason, I tried out that older restricted motion ppgs swing about three weeks ago. Guess what? I could not move the golf ball with it at all, & I now am in a new and worse injury than those b4! Somehow, I entrapped/pinched the radial & medial nerves from the Cervical connection thru the shoulder, and experience sharp needle-like pain in my thumb,index, middle fingers and top of left arm. Was driving one-armed, shaving/brush teeth were like torture!

After finally trash-canning that swing, it has healed with time somewhat - I am visiting a neurologist just for precaution. Despite this pain that really hits a lefty who golfs righty a lot, I played with WIG through it. This method is so free-flowing - I am starting to see huge driver dividends lately.

My lesson learned is that injury can be averted using WIG, and effortless power thru a tiny golf ball awaits you here with some patience.
      Wiggle....
      Waggle....
      Wobble....

Comment

• kid_fullerene
        kid_fullerene commented
        Editing a comment
        AV

great to see you back in action in golf and on the boards.. I hope that you have an enjoyable and productive 2017 campaign - I think a great insight that you shared with us is about how the WIG swing is free flowing action to target - so many golf swings have elements of resistance to them ..and ultimately the human body, when it can't dissipate that energy - starts breaking down. There's a lot more to this - but I'll save that for another discussion 'someday' - the important thing is that you're feeling better - out getting some swings in and liking the results..

cheers for now

k_f

Thanks guys, hope I don't annoy you all too much with my questions.

Comment

• kid_fullerene
        kid_fullerene commented
        Editing a comment
        J - all good, and in learning, it's all about recognizing 'fine distinctions' - only the power of questions can unlock that for you and anybody seriously trying to learn something..

good luck in your journey this year!

k_f

I never played golf, but I wanna try it soon, the thing is that I don't think that the lawn where I wanna play is good enough.

Comment

The lawn has a great influence for a golf player. Maybe as a beginner, I won't feel a big difference, but when you will get some experience you will see it. You can start practicing on what you have, the lawn is not a problem when you only start, you can fix it during the time. I can recommend you to use some lawn fertilizers in spring and it will grow soft and thick. You can have a look on this website https://www.growgardener.com/5-best-...wns-in-spring/ and see which are the best fertilizers for the lawn. You will feel a big difference after this.
        Last edited by Justtex; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
        X