Confused Different Release Feels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused Different Release Feels

Left handed golfer confused regarding the release and what it is supposed to feel like. I see 3 different releases or feels in the videos. 1) hammer a nail into the door frame/slash the bamboo shoot with the sword (left handed push and hit) 2) throw the club (pulling the the club to the release point and let go), 3) the hockey/fishing rod release (hand push against each other.)

Really confused about what I should be feeling. I know to be target focused but it helps me to have some kind of feel I can repeat. (10 hcp)

Thanks!

All of the analogies you listed is to help you feel the golf club release you.

You need to experiment and find the analogy or combination of analogies that works best for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
      All of the analogies you listed is to help you feel the golf club release you.

You need to experiment and find the analogy or combination of analogies that works best for you.
      So all these feels are valid? I saw in some videos that I am to just let gravity bring the arms down and through and although the feeling of throwing the club today was really working well, it felt like an arm based swing where I was pulling he ACU to the target with the body reacting as opposed to the other way around. I have watched many of Shawn's video's and he's the reason I'm a 10 and continue to improve but feel kind of lost at the moment.

Comment

• Schrodinger
        Schrodinger commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine is a bit different to you in that my analogy/feel is like pitching a ball underhand or skipping a flat stone diagonally. I feel as if my right arm is slightly dominant while my left arm more relaxed and that my lower body is reacting to support the swinging arms/club. Not sure if it feels like a pull or a push to be honest but it's more a reaction to the inertial pull of the clubhead.
        Last edited by Schrodinger; 05-04-2017, 07:59 PM.

Yes they are all valid. Throwing the club is a very good drill. I would keep at it.

The video below should help answer your second question.

Comment

Great video. He has one for everything! haha. Now I think I understand the pause in his backswing. He's waiting for the natural drop and momentum to start before he adds power. Hard to be that patient.

Comment

This is why Shawn is patient.

"Wait for the cycle of momentum."

"I can't force gravity; I have to respect gravity."

"The body is able to time itself with the cycle of momentum." (Shawn Clement)

Comment

• Schrodinger
            Schrodinger commented
            Editing a comment
            Interesting at 2:30-2:40 reflects on something that I found hard to perceive. As the baseball thrower winds up , he's on one leg , therefore all the weight pressure is on the right leg. But his centre of gravity remains almost unchanged from his original position when he was on 2 legs. So what happens when your COG is not in line with the right leg? You will topple forward and that is what can happen in the golf swing, if you let it happen and use it correctly. We have something that I found counter-intuitive, that movement can be opposite to the weight pressure transfer (ie, weight pressure moving to right leg causes a body movement to the left side - weird!!!).
            Last edited by Schrodinger; 05-04-2017, 08:19 PM.
        Working...
        X