Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you see the ball from the side, top, or behind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For myself the eyes are my anchor for my golf swing center. By that I mean by letting my eyes become fixated if you will but more like extremely focused on a particular spot. Whether that be the exact spot on a ball or on the ground my eyes are able to always (when I let them) see that focus point throughout the entire swing process. The body is still able to move freely. My head IS NOT HELD STILL but moves naturally during the swing motion of sending my momentum to the target.

Comment

Played 18 today and noticed that for the driver it was better for me to dart my eyes horizontally and position ball off my eyeline than to roll my eyes and focus on the convex edge of the ball

Comment

For me...i look at back upper part of ball.....but my minds eye is not there.....when i used to break bricks in marshal arts...i saw brick but minds eye was way past back of brick or board....to me its the end focus that matters..

Comment

As you are running back, turned to your left side, and looking for the ball over your right shoulder, you see that it is starting to hook back to your right. To properly execute the crossover in front of your body, you will follow the flight of the ball with your eyes and chest.

Comment

I have been more playing much better when I don’t stare at the ball. Better to be more target oriented and perceived the target, trajectory or line of putt than the ball itself
            However for the long game I need to stare at the ball side or the top of the ball during my preshot routine to determine how I’m going to attack the ball Then once I figure the angle of attack then my eye shift at my arc line and no longer stare at the ball. Clements has some really good video about not making the ball your target. Using an imaginary spot in front of the ball helps
            Last edited by dlam; 07-10-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X