Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transitioning from "ball focused" to "target focused" questions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Putting Fans..

here's something that is a bit oblique to the discussion ..but is an interesting illustration to what pro putting strokes are doing in the stroke..

what's cool about this is that it is focused on what the ball does ..rather than stroke mechanics alone..

and while not about putting..this is a nice overview of the variables of what loft/lie and swing dynamics relative to the shot choice map to ..

cheers

k_f
    from the hidden Ravine below 13th at CN G&CC
    tu nunquam hic

Secret Swing Tech c/o Pigaman @ Crackpot Labs

wisdomingolf.com/index.php?option=com_ku...&id=47972&Itemid=225

let energy instead of style define you.

Proud Member 'Quote Yourself Club'

Comment

• Ron I
      Ron I commented
      Editing a comment
      Really surprised that there are not many comments about the videos.

The Jordan style of looking at the target while putting has really helped me putting
    However whenever Tiger was putting his best it seem like he would look down at the ball and not swivel his head for few seconds until the ball was halfway down toward the hole.
    I think this works good too but I think Tiger has great imagination and already seen the putt go into the hole and doesn’t need to follow the ball into the cup
    Tiger likely not ball focused either
    I think he’s looking down so he DOES NOT get to caught up with following the ball

Comment

• Ron I
      Ron I commented
      Editing a comment
      I also use the target focus when i putt. However, I do have an IT for my club direction to start motion toward. In other words, I preset my club face to go towards the target.

Good luck everybody. This thread should be a lot of fun for the entire week of the US Open.

Comment

thank you. can you mabe watch

Comment

Working...
      X