Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest swing still inside. getting closer tho.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Al. I’ll look into those books.

Ive just worked out there are two ways to rotate your right arm. I’ve been doing it wrong.

correct way is literally like a throw. I’ve been rotating too much in the forearm.

my hinge feels great.

Could be very important. Maybe now throwing to target will work .

Feels exactly how it sets in a one arm swing.

ok I’ll report and see if I can get those books.

Comment

Been doing lots of one arm right hand swings.

Been learning a lot.

Proper backswing is automatic because of the weight of the club. Also a much more natural move to the left side is intuitive.

The move to the left looks like how Shawn and co start the downswing. It also happens in my throwing action.

Maybe ball focus has stopped me from previously doing this.

Im not certain its ball focus because this feels natural and intuitive in a one handed swing (even hitting a ball). Whereas when you get two hands on the club somehow your intent changes and this doesnt seem like a good idea.

I am going to retain this intent in my two handed swing. Its a move toward target and also a rotary move at the same time. Pitchers do this in a throw. I always knew there was some movement towards target in the swing and this could be it. I think many people put in a linear sway but this is more forward and around.

Will report back.

If nothing else the one handed swing 100% sorts the backswing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmonkey View Post

Im not certain its ball focus because this feels natural and intuitive in a one handed swing (even hitting a ball). Whereas when you get two hands on the club somehow your intent changes and this doesnt seem like a good idea.
        Hi guys,

WHOSE "intent" IS it, Greg? One either has control over one's mental-intent or not? IF, somehow "...your intent changes...", WHERE did it change TO?
        We have to stop considering this SHIFT in mental-intention as some third-party, inevitable, unavoidable phenomenon?
        WE are (or should be) the master of our mental-intention...
        WE are responsible for our intention, as well as any "change" in it....

Insisting that we are NOT "ball-focused" is all well and good, but if not at the ball, where did you cause your intention to shift?

I'll go away quietly now....
        Be water, my friends...

dude abides
        "OLD" Forum Participation

Entry Date: 18-JAN-2011
        Thank You: 1048

"Be water, my friends"

Comment

Valid point Costa. I freely admit I dont know why my intent changes from one handed swing to two handed swing. Im fully prepared to believe it is because of ball focus. If after all this time I have been ball focused whilst desperatly trying not to be then logically I cant understand what it has meant to be ball focused. Thats the paradox. hahahaha.

All im saying is that in both swings (one and two handed) the ball is in the same place and you have same task. It does kind of seem strange that one would be ball focused and the other not?

Anyway im putting in the one arm intent into the two arm swing. That is driven by the rotation infront of the ball with the initial ground forces and hip bump leading the show. Weight on front side from the top (braced tilt). Id like to think that this isnt ball focused. Time will tell. One thing is for sure you catch the ball on an upswing. An upswing that deliveres a downwards blow.

This intent has only been made possible with 3 aha breakthrough moments. 1. throwing the club down the line and not left. (hands at impact vs address). This is proven feedback. 2. Correct backswing arm action. Previously this has been wrong but the one handed swing has taught me to set the club with correct weight and arm and wrist automatic action. Top of backswing now feels exactly like the top of the backswing in a throw. 3. The move to the left side. The swing intent takes me target side and around (feeling like infront of the ball). Nice post up on front leg as a result. Exactly like shore fishing and an overarm throw. Previously this has been wrongly achieved by a sway and latterly with no intent of targetwards move that has resulted in the early extention.

Anyway Costa this all seems very contrived but I promise you I have got this down to a very natural action that feels just like im slinging the club targetwards and the ball is getting in the way. It seems to adhere to all of Shawns videos I have watched a thousand times. The big key is correct backswing. I could have worked it out a long time ago. I have always thought hands were key in the backswing but it is the action of the right forearm that has really sabotaged my progress.

Hopefully my next swing video will have you pronounce me free of ball focus once and for all.

Thanks Costa. Speak soon.

Comment

• COSTA103
            COSTA103 commented
            Editing a comment
            I stand ready, with gavel poised...

Hi WIG Friends..

been following along and remain optimistic that GM will dial in his understanding and feels for his next breakthrough.

this can get a little tricky, especially when you go down the path of 'intention' and 'throwing action'

one of the core tenets of WIG is the notion of getting an 'heavy unstoppable dropping weight' and then allowing the entirety of the Arm/Club Unit release automatically.

the WIG Throwing videos often work best with the premise of throwing a big heavy medicine ball..

now with 1 handed swings and the corresponding feels and actions.. you're on kind of a parallel path..

it's valid - but I'm confident that you already know that..

if you can compare the concepts in WIG to what you're working on .. I think it might reveal a lot

cheers for now

k_f
          from the hidden Ravine below 13th at CN G&CC
          tu nunquam hic

Secret Swing Tech c/o Pigaman @ Crackpot Labs

wisdomingolf.com/index.php?option=com_ku...&id=47972&Itemid=225

let energy instead of style define you.

Proud Member 'Quote Yourself Club'

Comment

My connection is good. Very good at the moment. Push shot still most common fault.

I havent video myself so not sure if I still stand through the shot.

Been throwing my clubs into the long grass. See attached pic. I LOST MY CLUB FOR 20 MINS IN THAT DAMN GRASS .........hahahhahahahaha

I dont feel I have got it yet. I'll need to post my swing and get some more advice from you guys.

Click image for larger version

Name:	long grass.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	12599

Comment

Working...
            X