Swing flaws that could cause Tennis Elbow in lead arm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swing flaws that could cause Tennis Elbow in lead arm

What Flaws are know causes, I am starting to develop this. Seems to have started since going to strong grip per Shawns Video

John make sure that you are allowing the club to release you. I f you hold on to the golf club throughout the swing to control the club face it will put a lot of new strain on your forearms. It is easier to pre turn the club face in your hand rather than cranking your forearms to the right and trying to hold them in that position. i.e. grip the club like you used to do before Shawn. Notice how the club face looks in your old grip. Now just relax the left hand and turn the club closed about 30-45 degrees in the left hand with the right hand and regrip with the right. The club will now be closed at impact and look slightly open at address.

Comment

I think the Chicken Wing is a cause of tennis elbow. Anytime you're elbow is in a weak position and you apply force, it's bad.

I got Tennis Elbow from doing Olympic Snatches, doing CrossFit. Stay way from snatches.

Behdad Salimi snatches 214kg with his 3rd attempt at the World Weightlifting Championship 2011. Previous record was 213kg held by Hossein Rezazadeh.

Comment

Yes, anytime there is strain in a joint, there is something going against the grain which means that you are not allowing the instrument to release and place you like Ken said. See "how arms and club release shawn clement" to understand it and then see the "big golf release from Fencing shawn clement" video for the feel as well as the "dominant lead hand shawn clement" and see the part on "back hand ping pong release"
        In the "weak grip vs strong grip video" I show the 2 options Ken talks about and use the option he suggests on just using the regular grip and closing the face. The face will not look the way it does at impact as it does at address, think about it as an angled cut of a grass whip...

Comment

• john
          john commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the Input Guys & Shawn. Just a note, Playing two weeks ago I had 3 Eagles in the same round on par 5's. Love your teachings Shawn,(have both your DVD sets) Golf can be fun after all.

Good article on occurance of tennis elbow in golf

Golf magazine sites, medical studies and surveys show that golfers do get Tennis Elbow, and surprisingly, more often than Golfer's Elbow! (But, why?)

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Clement View Post
          Yes, anytime there is strain in a joint, there is something going against the grain which means that you are not allowing the instrument to release and place you like Ken said. See "how arms and club release shawn clement" to understand it and then see the "big golf release from Fencing shawn clement" video for the feel as well as the "dominant lead hand shawn clement" and see the part on "back hand ping pong release"
          In the "weak grip vs strong grip video" I show the 2 options Ken talks about and use the option he suggests on just using the regular grip and closing the face. The face will not look the way it does at impact as it does at address, think about it as an angled cut of a grass whip...
          I need to look at this, just had a visit to my family doctor and got the diagnosis of golfer's elbow, I got so depressed over the weekend that I almost sold all my equipment, if not for the wife is would have, I also have to deal with the pain of it at work, so I will be doing some simple exercises and icing to try and get the inflammation down. What a bummer, just when I was starting to see improvement in my game!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregman55 View Post

I need to look at this, just had a visit to my family doctor and got the diagnosis of golfer's elbow, I got so depressed over the weekend that I almost sold all my equipment, if not for the wife is would have, I also have to deal with the pain of it at work, so I will be doing some simple exercises and icing to try and get the inflammation down. What a bummer, just when I was starting to see improvement in my game!
            I know how you feel. Had a golfer elbow myself about a year ago. Take time to fully recover before hitting the sticks again. Having said that, you may be able to start progressively with putting and then chipping before considering the full swing. Good recovery.

Comment

Thanks Ferko, plan on doing just that, mine is in my trailing arm not the lead. I don't think golf completely contributed to it just added to it
              I do a lot of lifting at work and have arthritis also, just not as young as I use to be.

Comment

Greg I find that doing a lot of compression application to the sore tendon area helps a great deal. I just use my off hand fingers to apply the pressures and move the joint through some light range of motion movements. Also look up the flexbar web site for their flexbar. It works great for both tennis out side and golfers inside tendinitis.

Comment

Old post but this may help somebody. One of those black straps with the velcro strapped around your upper forearm just below the elbow is amazing for golfers elbow.
                  I dont know how to prevent it though.

Comment

I found some interesting information at drerinb.com. This was a quick read and video that informed the reader how tennis elbow develops, some preventative measures, and some simple exercises to help it heal more quickly.
                    When I recently took my grandson to a baseball academy one of the first things covered was proper overhand throwing technique to help prevent elbow problems. One of our members advised me that the same techniques are practiced in javelin throwing. Now I'm not sure how this applies to golf, but I know that there are many ways to make a successful golf swing, but the only teaching I've found that takes body structure into account is WIG. I read Shawn's response concerning let the club release you, but I'd like to see some physiological information concerning Ideal swing plane, grip, and effortless power based on body structure rather than scoring results alone. The reason being, WIG addressed knee, hip, and back problems using Skully and I believe that there is enough information between us to help us better understand this malady and help prevent it.

Comment

Working...
                    X