Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xperon Golf Balls

Hi Everyone,

Here is an interesting video about golf balls.

Xperon Golf Balls
    February 5, 2018
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2ASRKYajL0w

Very cool new Golf Ball I just played with at Pelican Bay and had 5 birdies on the front 9 with them! Feel great, sound great and they have a very cool niche! Xperon balls, check this video out! (Shawn Clement)

WOW Gary! That was AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!

Many moons ago, I used to spin my balls in Epsom Salts (buoyancy) and marked them accordingly....

Years later, there was a "centrifugal spinning" machine (think electric-pencil-sharpener? )

What I found that over the years, manufacturers had gotten MUCH better at producing "balanced" balls?

But this XPERON concept really intrigues me?

WHERE can you GET these balls?

dude abides
    "OLD" Forum Participation

Entry Date: 18-JAN-2011
    Thank You: 1048

"Be water, my friends"

Comment

• COSTA103
      COSTA103 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't believe that the video is suggesting that the OTHER top-brand balls are NOT properly (perfectly) balanced;
      Just that (if there ARE any imperfections) their PRINTING process does not REFLECT that?
      In that "floating" presentation, even a PERFECTLY balanced ball will present SOME side of the ball on the TOP?
      Makes me wonder.....
      If the SAME side of the ball ALWAYS comes to the top, does that mean that it is WELL-balanced or POORLY-balanced?
      hmmmmm....

I had often thought that a "poorly-balanced" ball travelling PRECISELY "end-over-end" would produce the BEST roll?

dude abides
      Last edited by COSTA103; 02-10-2018, 10:16 AM.

• Ken Robie
      Ken Robie commented
      Editing a comment
      Would be interesting to test that ball flight theory with the Iron Byron machine.

• COSTA103
      COSTA103 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cally.......that's why those guys change balls ever couple of holes or so.....

I, on the other hand, have difficulty deforming a donut-hole?

Hi Dude,

I found this link. They are on Facebook.

Xperon Golf USA

Xperon Golf USA

Comment

Hi guys,
      Please help me out here? I think I may have done a bit of an "about-face" on this ball?

I was originally very jazzed about this XPeron ball concept. However, upon further reflection, I've come up with this question....

IF you suspend a ball in the liquid (as pictured) and the SAME spot ALWAYS comes up to the Top.....
      Doesn't that mean that the HEAVY portion of the ball is always on the BOTTOM???
      Doesn't that suggest that the ball is UNEVENLY balanced?

To determine if that is true, one merely does a SECOND test?

IF a DIFFERENT point comes to the top, I would postulate that the ball is "perfectly" balanced and the point that rises to the top is a matter of Random Chance...

Said another way, the ball is NOT "biased" in one direction or the other?

In which case, the ORIENTATION of the Alignment-Line does NOT matter?
      Because ANY and ALL of the possible orientations would be EQUALLY valid?

So, the XPeron putting-alignment concept is either irrelevant OR indicative of an OUT-OF-BALANCE ball?
      (in which case, I'd posit that it has value?)

Am I MISSING something here WIG-brothers and sisters?
      Help me out here!

I'm totally uncomfortable in this "about-face" posture....

TIA
      dude abides
      Last edited by COSTA103; 02-10-2018, 03:01 PM.

"Be water, my friends"

Comment

So what does that say about the tray full of XPERON balls at which our Chairman was looking in Gary's original video above?

IF the "putting-line-printing" ALWAYS comes up top (as it appears in the video?) does that mean that ALL their balls have a HEAVY point at the bottom and are, therefore, UNbalanced?

I'm going to have to re-think this....
        Perhaps our esteemed Chairman will chime in and give us HIS two-cents?

dude abides

"Be water, my friends"

Comment

Hi guys,
          Comforting to know that Cally is pretty close to as weirdo as me?

I would have beat him to the test-punch, but I did not have any Epsom Salts in the house? I had to go BUY some?!?!

Here's MY results:

12 brand new Bridgestone RXS right out of the box....

I got NONE to stop on the SAME spot....

Three stopped in THREE random places, BUT all three in a (reasonably) straight line, relative to one another?

Nine stopped in THREE random places, with a "bias" to one side....
          A FOURTH spin of those balls yielded THREE points "in a row"

My conclusion on THIS box of Bridgestone RXS balls is that I found NO reason to question their collective Balance?

dude abides

"Be water, my friends"

Comment

Another interesting video.

Comment

Amazing. Now to get my dubya d 40.

I wonder if the balance ratio stays the same after a good few crushes with a driver ?
              Last edited by Gmonkey; 02-12-2018, 05:09 AM.

Comment

• COSTA103
                COSTA103 commented
                Editing a comment
                If you can't find your WD40, Pelz, in his 1989 book in which I first discovered this concept, suggests using a few drops of the Rinsing Agent that you use in your DISHWASHER?

Originally posted by Ferko

Very good point. Tried at home but realised the balls wouldn't stay afloat. I obviously should have known that, given the number of new golf balls I lost in the lake around the 16/17 and 18th holes of my home course ;-)

Used nearly all the salt available at home but couldn't get the ball to go up a bit. They must have a huge amount of salt in the Dead Sea! Will try again tomorrow if I have the time to buy more salt.
              I just bought new Callaways last week instead of searching old ones :P. new ones are perfect balls.Tried it for 18 holes. I like the way it feels and sounds, but I am thinking to have it re-shafted though. But I am a bit too picky, so have a go at it
              Last edited by Sharon D. Atkinson; 04-04-2019, 11:41 AM.

Comment

WOW! That was AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!

You can find something new here: https://10bestgear.com/best-golf-balls/
                Last edited by Alex; 05-03-2019, 10:08 AM.
                10 Best Gear | Golf Balls | Golf Clubs

Comment

For anyone interested in finding the best ball for their game, check out this test (the most comprehensive I've ever seen), from Mygolfspy:

https://mygolfspy.com/most-wanted-golf-ball/

Comment

Thank you for sharing this information.

Comment

I prefer golf balls that hit perfectly straight discs at maximum range. The most important factor to consider is the spin rate of the ball as it flies. Of course, golfers still need to make sure that their golf strokes are shaped correctly so that the ball does not deflect to the right or left here. I'm glad I found the right ball to play with.
                      Last edited by Maxxx17; 02-20-2022, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Hi there! Speaking merely from a physicist's perspective, the fact that the ball stays in the same position when floating in liquid does mean that it is unbalanced. Usually, it signals that the manufacturer skips doing tests when during the production. But then again, it's helpful to what real golfers who have experience with these particular balls say. You can read about how different balls are evaluated on the Sport Sgear Metry website and find some interesting facts there.
                        Last edited by WillIAmFor; 04-12-2022, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X