flowers in the dirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi WIG Friends

for even the most casual observers of the odd phenomena that is Crackpot National Golf & Country Club (est. 2011) .. and its motto 'Everyone Only' on a brass plaque set on the entrance gate ..

the question must arise - is Planet Crackpot - a specially engineered planetary body placed carefully within the Event Horizon of a perfectly shaped Black Hole, where one could conceivably play Golf forever - as the rules of time & space no longer quite apply.. even possible?

told ya' .. and it would seem that we've been spotted - or at least theorized about, by actual scientists..

https://www.physics-astronomy.org/20...e-planets.html

sometimes the most outlandish notions that one could imagine - turn out to be not only possible, but waiting for confirmation ..

going into 2020 .. imagine great things for your own Golf Journey..

the Sky is literally the limit..

or if you choose to - create your own Sky ..

cheers for now

k_f
    from the hidden Ravine below 13th at CN G&CC
    tu nunquam hic

Secret Swing Tech c/o Pigaman @ Crackpot Labs

wisdomingolf.com/index.php?option=com_ku...&id=47972&Itemid=225

let energy instead of style define you.

Proud Member 'Quote Yourself Club'

Comment

Originally posted by kid_fullerene View Post
      and to try and keep up a bit of a WIG forum tradition ..

it can't be a proper holiday without this ..

and for those of us who had a few small bumps in 2018 -you're all good..

spend it on some new gear, or lessons with Shawn or ..

Hi WIG Friends -

very nearly 2020 - and for those who still remember and might be looking forward to a forum tradition..

hope that your Stockings are filled with Golfing Good Cheer for 2020..

some snow on the way up my way .. probably tonight and maybe again early next week.

but with the brief warm up .. I must confess, even in the frozen mud, I hit a few golf balls yesterday.. still some signs of life in my very ordinary game.. wishing you all the best

cheers for now..

k_f
      tu nunquam hic

Comment

Passing by and felt like wishing a lot of good things to everybody. Wondering if these specials balls guaranteed to hit fairways are still manufactured. Could surely use a few. All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferko View Post
          Passing by and felt like wishing a lot of good things to everybody. Wondering if these specials balls guaranteed to hit fairways are still manufactured. Could surely use a few. All the best.
          Hi Ferko

The latest version of the Crackpot NBF (Nothing But Fairway) is ready to be introduced at the next PGA Merchandise Show -

I'm assured by the technical team that these could be some of the best ever, now with even more Fairway seeking technology built in - which comes at a great time for my game in particular.

I'm not sure that hitting from the short grass on a regular basis will do wonders for my game .. but a good look at the target and a chance to compress the ball might be just the medicine my game could use.

Wishing you the very best this holiday and nothing but fairways and greens in 2020!

Cheers for now

k_f
          tu nunquam hic

Comment

• COSTA103
            COSTA103 commented
            Editing a comment
            GREAT to hear from you, Ferko!

dude abides

HI WIG Friends

here's something that we've been following .. what appears to be applied 'entanglement' ..

instantaneous information transfer..

so it's not quite being 'one with the target'

but think about what this could mean for the next generation of swing radars, launch monitors..

golf simulators..

the sky is the proverbial limit

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...hips-time.html

surprised that we don't have the Crackpot Labs prototype out yet..

but they tell me they're working on it!

cheers for now

k_f
          tu nunquam hic

Comment

Hi WIG Friends..

we all aspire to be more like the Pros..

and while it's not likely we'll never achieve their great ability - here are some things that they do that we can do to improve our results ..

some good ideas - curious as to what the consensus on best practices were in 2019 and what's worth carrying into 2020..

cheers for now

k_f
            tu nunquam hic

Comment

Hi WIG friends..

here's something that I never thought I would see - vintage footage of Bobby Locke's putting stroke ..

legendary putter- eerie accuracy .. and notice how it appears to work a bit shut ..as his action was known to work on a bit of an arc through the ball..

13 wins on the PGA Tour ..

https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.16482.bobby-locke.html

and a talk through by Martin Hall -

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/ke...putting-stroke

so - on the surface his putting stroke seems to defy a great many putting tips, conventions and basic instruction as to how it should be thought of and approached.

now his results didn't seem to mind - and beyond being told how it worked - how did it work???

In some ways it can be thought of as a living demonstration of the Chairman's 'appearing open, but dynamically square to the swing' concept ...

in short, Bobby Locke's putting stroke was very much a miniature golf swing.

which makes it a pretty cool thing -

Mr Locke could use the same concepts all the way through his bag - he could scale his swing from the shortest to the longest ..

at the end of the day - this might not be for you - not because you couldn't perform the athletic action - or figure out the strike pattern -

but it might not fit or sit well with how you approach notions of 'aim' and 'line' in your golf swing ..

Bobby could clearly deal with seeing the arc and just aiming the action /.results ..

as golf has become more standardized there are fewer of these 'unique solutions' to the game - but there are still a few around if you are able to spot them.

cheers for now

k_f
              ​​​​​​​
              tu nunquam hic

Comment

Hi WIG Friends

the good old YouTube Algorithm brought this one up from the days of YouTube passed ..

I've been looking at some of the new club concepts and previews for the season and it brought up this overview from Clay Ballard.

Clay has his own swing teachings/concepts ... which are more than worth a look -

but this walk through of how the Driver actually is built to work and its components existing as a system relative to your 'system'/swing.. is one of the best I've seen..

I would suspect that you already know a lot if not all of what he's sharing - but how he puts it all together might help make some real sense out of it .. should you need it.

Spring is the season of renewal and change .

if you're changing your bag - it's good to have an overview of one of the clubs you're most likely to consider changing..

cheers for now

k_f
                tu nunquam hic

Comment

Working...
                X