Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://youtu.be/vlnLzOrU7m4 look at the 1:30 mark on this video

Comment

This guy is assuming that when you place your hands on the impact snap that it is in a neutral grip placement. This is what he claims. Since he has no club face on the tool, how can he make a statement that his grip is in a neutral position. He cannot. We have had discussions about the grip in WIG that there is only one correct way to grip the club and from there you rotate the club face from a weak to strong position. What he is saying is that you need to grip the club or tool differently to create a weak to string grip. Who is to say that when he placed his hands on the tool the first time that he already had a strong grip relationship with the impact snap and because of this he needed to rotate the impact snap tool left to get it to neutral.

Comment

Hi Everyone.

Wanted to add this video to this thread.

Comment

I have tried putting a short length of plastic pipe on the club shaft that slides easily. Taking a easier, more controlled back swing allows it to slide to the hands, and a gradual acceleration of the downswing combined with a conscious release of lag shows me where maximum acceleration is achieved. The added bonus is that I can hit balls while using this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
            Hi Everyone.

Wanted to add this video to this thread.
            Hi guys,
            Hi Gary,

Shawn says in his Impact Snap video that he's not using it exactly the way they talk about.

In this example video that Shawn has posted on his web site, the guy is basically just going to the impact position with the yellow ball touching the inside of his trail forearm (pause at the 1:14 mark), but he doesn't go all the way through into a full release with the right arm pronating and the left arm supinating . . .

However, I noticed that Shawn goes past impact and all the way to a fully pronated/supinated release position with the yellow ball wrapping around his forearm. I'm guessing that this is what Shawn means by not using it exactly the way they talk about. I'm just wondering about this because I don't believe that I've ever had as deep of a release as Shawn.

In the mean time, in front of a mirror I was trying to slowly simulate the motion as I imagine it would be with the Impact Snap device. If I do what the guy in the example video does it almost feels and looks as if my lead wrist is bowed at the impact position, but I was always under the belief that the lead wrist should be relatively flat at impact.

Does his lead wrist (at the 1:14 mark) looked bowed or am I seeing it wrong? If the lead wrist is supposed to be more bowed than flat then maybe this is one part that I'm missing to help me get a deeper more emphatic release like Shawn has?

Anyway, perhaps this Impact Snap device would help me get a better feel for what Shawn feels through impact and into his release.

Comment

• Gary
              Gary commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Cally,
              Hi Everyone,

I have seen a lot of the Impact Snap Videos by different instructors. Most of them have their own interpretation of how to use this tool.

If you watch the first video by Shawn, he talks about a bowed wrist at impact.

The second video I believe is very close to what Shawn demonstrates in his Impact Snap video. Kelvin Miyahira
              calls this the Max Lag Position.

https://youtu.be/mgLNMiJiQtQ

https://youtu.be/oOil_baXtq4

I hope this helps. As you can see from the first video by Shawn, he has not changed his teaching of the release.

Thanks,
              Gary
              Last edited by Gary; 1 week ago.

• Cally
              Cally commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Gary!

I can see the bowing of the lead wrist for sure in the Kelvin video, especially when he exaggerates the supination motion early.

And along with Shawn talking about a bowed lead wrist at impact like you said, I was also just reading through the comments on Shawn's 'Flat Left Wrist' video, and he answered a comment where he said, 'if your grip-club is dynamically square and your action is towards a target and not the ball, YOU WILL GET THE FLAT OR BOWED WRIST AT IMPACT WITH HANDS AHEAD.' So I was okay with the flat lead wrist idea, but the bowed lead wrist is good too!

Gary,

Not sure if you saw this video among the ones you mentioned by different instructors, but I just ran across another one with Martin Nowicki (the guy featured on Shawn's web page with the Impact Snap device) that I thought I would add to this thread . . .

He shows how this tool can also be used for the chipping motion.

Comment

• Gary
              Gary commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Cally,

I have viewed that video on how to use the impact snap for chipping. Thanks for adding it to this thread.

What caught my attention by watching this video again was how he was moving his arms forward and this tool was setting his wrists for him at the Impact position. Interesting.

The Impact Snap is an interesting tool.

Thanks again Cally

Originally posted by Cally View Post
            However, I noticed that Shawn goes past impact and all the way to a fully pronated/supinated release position with the yellow ball wrapping around his forearm. I'm guessing that this is what Shawn means by not using it exactly the way they talk about. I'm just wondering about this because I don't believe that I've ever had as deep of a release as Shawn.
            Hi guys,

I hope/believe I'm still a member in good standing in kid's "Quote Yourself Club," so I thought I would quote myself, and add something I just noticed on Shawn's "Impact Snap" video, a recent question that someone posed and Shawn's response in the Comment section which confirms/answers what I was wondering about before . . .

"Shawn, EVERY other video I've seen showing off the Impact Snap does not have the training swing end with the yellow ball over the right arm, but with the ball UNDER the right arm, or between both arms. Even the videos at the Impact Snap site itself has demonstrations end this way. I think I like your use better since getting my right arm on top through the release has been a life-long issue."
            Read more
            Show less

Reply1

Shawn Clement21 hours ago
            "That is the thing Joe; I look at the Anatomy and then see how a tool will help instill the feel of the release with it! This one has helped immensely and that is why I promote the product; but you want to use it like I show you though..."
            Read more
            Show less

P. S. I've learned a lot just from reading the Comment section in Shawn's videos with Shawn's answers/responses to questions/comments.
            Last edited by Cally; 3 days ago.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

There are lots of videos with instructors showing how they use the Impact Snap device. As you watch these videos they point out the differences on how the Impact Snap device can be used. Most of these differences are because of the teaching philosophy of the instructors.

However, there is a part of the device that no instructor or student can avoid and that is the sound of the metal ball inside of the device. Not only does it make a loud sound, it also has a weight to it as the ball moves up and down inside the device.

This is where the Impact Snap helps you understand that you want your Release to sound and feel in front of you, not behind you. All the videos agree with this aspect of the device.

Based on the sound alone, it will increase your LAG and stop early casting.

Now with Shawn's video instruction added to how to use this device properly, I can really practice my WIG release just about any time I wish to.

Thanks,

Gary

Comment

Working...
              X