Fingers used to apply pressure on the grip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingers used to apply pressure on the grip

There was a discussion about taking the thumb off the grip in this comment https://wisdomingolf.vbulletin.net/f...0183#post10183

I took the liberty to start a new discussion on this subject. My understanding is that taking thumbs off the shaft may work or not for you. Some people are better when applying pressure on the grip with three fingers (middle, ring and little fingers) while some people are better when applying pressure on the grip with their index finger and thumb (there were good discussions on the (now defunct) old forum on this subject). Personnally, I used the middle, ring and little fingers to apply pressure. Any other opinions or, even better, experience on this subject?

I prefer to keep the thumb nail off the shaft. Knife the Grip video example is how I grip the club by Shawn. I just keep the thumb nail up as I grip the club. See the video below.

Comment

Ferko, my comment was directed as a feel of what the club and arms do by themselves during the swing cycle as a whole. Many times we tend to push(support) the shaft with too much tension in the arms and hands and are not able to feel what the club is supposed to be doing. We must use the thumbs in a normal swing fro support of course.

Comment

Working...
      X