X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grip Right Hand Adjustment

Grip Adjustment - The Right Hand

Hi Everyone,

I have been constantly thinking and feeling that my grip is not right or Perfect. Always tinkering with it. Never satisfied with it.

I decided to watch the video below about the Grip again.

Normally I place my left hand on the club first and then after I place my right hand on the golf club. However, Shawn demonstrates how he places his right hand on the club first and then slides his left hand thumb into the pocket of the right hand which forms a union of both hands.

I decided to try Shawn's method and noticed right away that this Grip was different and felt much better than what I was feeling previously.

Some improvements that I have noticed:
    1. Both arms are straighter and feel more in front of me.
    2. I use to have a some what of a flying elbow, but that has disappeared. My right arm is straighter.
    3. Wrists' hinging has improved. Before I felt like I needed to hinge the wrists sooner in my backswing. Not any more.
    4. Before if felt like my left arm wanted or needed to bow rather than just hinge naturally during the Backswing.
    5. Best of all I finally feel like my swing is connected correctly with a lot less strain and much more support and power.

The major difference between my old right hand Grip placement and now is that my right hand is a little more under the golf club with the V of my right hand pointing more towards my right shoulder rather than pointing more towards my chin.

The Vs of both hands now line up and point in the same direction. They hands seem to work together in harmony.

I would recommend you try out Shawn's method and not worry about where the Vs are pointing. After reading Brandon Chamblee's book again, on the chapters about the grip, Hogan had his right hand V pointing towards his chin and Tiger Woods had both Vs of both hands pointing to the right.

Now my right hand fingers have improved leverage against the trigger finger and my right hand has improved leverage against my left hand.

The right hand adjustment was not much but it has made a big difference for me.

Thanks,

Gary

Feels better to me also. Right hand for some reason a bit more under compared going from left to right.

Comment

Working...
    X