"The Holy Grail" is nothing new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Holy Grail" is nothing new here

I was leafing through the latest Golf Magazine and came upon an article by Brandel Chamblee about his new book The Anatomy of Greatness. Where have I heard this before?
    Last edited by jjone; 01-09-2016, 07:46 PM.

Hi WIG friends..not shipping until the end of March 2016 - here's the editorial review of Mr. Chamblee's new work..

In the first book from popular Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee, the network’s “resident scholar and critic” (The New York Times) explores the common swing positions of the greatest players throughout history—and reveals how those commonalities can help players of every skill level improve our own games.

Every golf game begins with the swing, and no two are identical. Years ago, however, Brandel Chamblee, the highly regarded Golf Channel analyst and former PGA Tour professional, noticed that the best players of all time have shared similar positions in each part of the swing, from the grip and setup to the footwork, backswing, and follow-through. Since then, Chamblee, a student of game’s history, has used scientific precision and thoroughness to make a study of the common swing positions of the greats. Now, in The Anatomy of Greatness, he reveals what he has learned, offers hundreds of photographs as his proof, to show us how we can easily incorporate his findings into our own swings to hit the ball farther, straighter, and more consistently.

What does it tell us that the majority of the greats—from Jack Nicklaus and Byron Nelson to modern masters like Tiger Woods—employ a “strong” grip on the club? How did legends like Ben Hogan, Sam Snead, Mickey Wright, and Gary Player unlock hidden power and control by “turning in” the right knee at address? Why are some modern teachers preaching “quiet” footwork when forty-eight of the top fifty golfers of all time lifted their left heels on the backswing, allowing them to build power? At the same time that Chamblee is extolling certain swing virtues, he also debunks a number of popular—but misguided—swing philosophies that have been hindering golfers for years.

The result is perhaps the best and clearest explanation of how to hit a golf ball ever published. The Anatomy of Greatness is a book that golfers can take to the driving range and use Chamblee’s clear explanations to build better swings—and get more speed and consistency into their swings—immediately. It is like having a series of private lessons from the best golfers of all time, and it will help golfers build swings that make the game easier and more fun.

there are a lot of things to learn from these legendary swings - let's hope that Mr. Chamblee's scholarship transcends the usual 'great swings - now here's the usual PGA teaching manual ' concepts that leave so many students lost in translation..

cheers

k_f

from the hidden Ravine below 13th at CN G&CC
    tu nunquam hic

Secret Swing Tech c/o Pigaman @ Crackpot Labs

wisdomingolf.com/index.php?option=com_ku...&id=47972&Itemid=225

let energy instead of style define you.

Proud Member 'Quote Yourself Club'

Comment

Hi WIG friends..

not sure what Mr. Chamblee's book concepts will include..here is some video from early last year where he is exploring some body/energy transfer ideas..

tu nunquam hic

Comment

THANKS KID!
        Well, that would be a great start if he were to contradict the way teachers are trying to get their students to fit their opinions on swing positions and contorted body parts! I can't wait till they start keying in on brain guys like Jeff Hawkins and David Eagleman, which I have been watching a lot of lately. They are validating so much of what we do it is amazing! Eagleman has a series on PBS, watch the first show and see the example of the guy who loast his vision at age 3 and had it come back to him in his 40's through stem cell procedures...the brain is an amazing machine and the more I find out, the more convinced (I already was a long time ago 😀) that success, the way we are going about, is INEVITABLE.

Comment

Hi guys,

To amplify our Chairman's message on the POWER of our "mental expenditure"?
          Meet Ian Waterman. IMHO, it's a well-invested use of 48 minutes....

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-man-who-lost-his-body/

There was a discussion about this on the "old" Forum.

It is an excellent illustration of just how important "visualization" is to our existence.

(I'll try and find the thread from the old forum and edit it here.)

http://forum.wisdomingolf.com/index....s=1&Itemid=234

Be water, my friends
          Dude abides
          Last edited by COSTA103; 01-10-2016, 08:47 AM.
          "OLD" Forum Participation

Entry Date: 18-JAN-2011
          Thank You: 1048

"Be water, my friends"

Comment

• pigaman
            pigaman commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude!

Thanks for the link to the story of Ian Waterman. I have a neighbor friend in her 60s who suffered what the "experts" THINK was a spinal stroke. This happened 2.5 years ago. She has no feeling from the waist down yet she "taught" (willed) herself to walk. She is different from Ian in the fact that she can not feel temperature or pain in the lower half of her body.

She to "needs" to sense visually when she is walking. Her walking gate does resemble Ian's. It's almost like she has half of Ian's issue. All of the medical experts in the Boston area and there are many say that they have not seen anyone who suffered what she did EVER walked again. The mind is truly the most powerful force of nature.

The biggest tie in to WIG in the video was when Ian was food shopping and explained how he had to "brace" his body in order to balance out the extra weight of the large heavy vegetable he was going to pick up....can you say "braced tilt" and "butt in the next county."

Just as Ian had to set himself up for success to perform his task, (picking up the heavy object) Wig shows us how to "set up" for success in directing the momentum of our golf swing into the visualized picture of our shot. Hope this makes some sort of sense. It's a hard thing to put into words.

If you haven't watched the video, do yourself a favor and watch it.

Cheers FJ

Hi Guys - saw this the other day ..and frankly I think I"m against it..

http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2016...6791452285704/

not content to teach positions and manipulations...now the forces of 'swing darkness' are ready to tamper with gravity 'her'self..

please help me make this madness stop..

thanks

k_f
          tu nunquam hic

Comment

Working...
          X