Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIG Return

Greetings from Japan!

It has been a few years since I have been on these forums, mainly because of my own pride...I thought I had everything figured out.

Over the past few years my game went from understanding WIG principles, applying them to my game and seeing some amazing results. However...over time I started incorporating new thoughts and ideas, mainly from browsing other YouTube teachers (sorry Shawn...I feel like I cheated on you). Over time, my game went to a 2.2 hdcp to standing over the ball and not having the slightest clue as to where the ball would end up, my miss has predominantly been a snap-hook when trying to play a fade . That is without a doubt the worst feeling ever in terms of golf. I took a much needed mental break from the game and I have decided that it's time to return.

I went to the range yesterday after watching some of Shawn's videos. One of the first things that I realized is that over the past few years, my swing went from an extremely powerful and easy to reproduce swing, to a tight, tense, aggressive, forceful, manipulative type of swing. I've missed the whip, and badly.

Did those other swing thoughts/ideas work? Absolutely, but at what price? Don't ask me why I went to other ideas in the first place...I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole thing because my range session yesterday was the best one I've had in a long time. Yeah, I still hit some bad shots but I can't tell you how long its been since I've hit a long iron absolutely nut-flush (poker reference).

Bottom line is...I'm back to WIG. Before you all welcome me back, let me do my walk of shame first.

-Bos

Hi Itz

glad to see you back - please feel free to abandon the walk of shame at any time .. no need .. a quest for golf knowledge and mastery doesn't always follow a linear path nor is it always an easy one.

my guess is that you look at other things because you wanted to know why and how things work in the swing - and you can and will get elements that can help give you a sense of control and predictability to your golf swing..

over time ..they can and will lead you to other issues and with them, other fixes ..until one day.. well, I suspect you know and have lived the rest .. as have all of us at one time or another..from the greatest golfers to the most humble.. it's the nature of the game.

my guess is that there was a key for you when you first learned WIG .. I tend to work visually and then into a sort of set of feels that correspond... your experience of this may well be different or vary from mine .. the important thing is to get your 'key' identified and work back into doing what you do ..

if you've played to a 2 .. you have more than enough game to revitalize.. recapture your basics ... rediscover your fundamentals .. keep the keys in the front of your mind. and keep it brief.. brevity is the mother of clarity.. and I believe the most important thing is to get your sense of target back.. the rest will be right along!!

cheers for now..

pull up a chair and let's have a proper Scotch ..and head off to the range presently..

the Dude is up there with a few bags of respectable range balls .. and some healthy snacks ..

I'll see what I can do about getting our bags in the cart and grabbing a couple waters..

cheers for now

k_f
    from the hidden Ravine below 13th at CN G&CC
    tu nunquam hic

Secret Swing Tech c/o Pigaman @ Crackpot Labs

wisdomingolf.com/index.php?option=com_ku...&id=47972&Itemid=225

let energy instead of style define you.

Proud Member 'Quote Yourself Club'

Comment

Well said k_f!

Even during my range session, things that I hadn't thought about in a long time, started coming back to me. Some of the nuggets that I remembered and the "AHA!' moments...it's all starting to come back. That's one thing about WIG that I love...it's comparable to riding a bike. Just get back up on it and do what feels natural. NATURAL.

Hopefully, sooner rather than later, shooting in the 70's again will feel natural. Triumphs and tribulations will be had...perseverance will govern my final outcome. A fire has been lit, not to be extinguished any time soon.

Comment

Working...
      X