Hello from Melbourne, Australia!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Melbourne, Australia!

I picked up a golf club for the first time at university, and landed up playing 3-4 days a week with my scratch accounting lecturer who taught me on the course. I was very lucky to receive that type of ongoing informal training and I landed up playing fairly well within a year, shooting low 80s.

Fast forward 20 years and somehow life took over and I sort of forgot about golf. I played a little after university but never really got back into it, until November 2018 when a work mate invited me to play. It all came back in a crazy flood of joy and satisfaction. I can't believe I left it behind for so long!

Anyway, I am now well and truly hooked and loving every minute. Shooting mid 80s at the moment, and one insanely wonderful 9 holes at only 3 over, thanks to Mr Clement!

Hi Quooston - glad to see you now on WIG - awesome to know that even after a long 'Sabbatical' you have returned to the Great Game and are playing at a quality level. Once it gets a hole of you - there may be breaks, but you can never really leave it, because it will never leave you.

If you're in the Mid 80's and a few over on the average 9 - you've got plenty of game, especially if you're playing for recreation. If you're able - and you're trying to find ways to lower your scores .. it's pretty much all from 40 yards in .. lots of visualizing shots, lots of imagination, lots of putting the ball right where you want it to be.. and observing how the ball reacts to different speeds and conditions.

There are worse ways to spend a day -- hope to see you again on the boards - please share your journey as you choose to ..

cheers for now

k_f
    from the hidden Ravine below 13th at CN G&CC
    tu nunquam hic

Secret Swing Tech c/o Pigaman @ Crackpot Labs

wisdomingolf.com/index.php?option=com_ku...&id=47972&Itemid=225

let energy instead of style define you.

Proud Member 'Quote Yourself Club'

Comment

Working...
    X