No announcement yet.

2016 Rules of Golf Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do think there's room for improvement in the rules and it wouldn't surprise me to see some changes in the next cycle.

However, note until then, they will have to continue to apply the rule as written, whether it seems unfair to golf fans or not. Additionally, the USGA cannot change the rule themselves. They have to get the R&A to agree.

Comment

Here's the latest 'blip' on the 'US Open Ruling Controversy'..

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/mi...185758564.html

apparently ..the USGA rules team would 'like a Mulligan'..?

at least according to the headline..

so on behalf of my meager some would say microscopic, constituency in golf..

I say this..

'no'

USGA - I'll give you the same courtesy that you offered Dustin Johnson..

none..

'we' have to play the rules as they are written..

no Mulligans..

you clearly caused the situation to move..

and we have to call it..

you own it..

we're going to score it for what it is..

an absolutely unmistakable travesty in the writing of the rule, the ruling on the course, the subsequent 'limbo' ..and then the ham handed series of apologies, explanations and justifications to try and talk your way out of what is a clear ruling..

you don't have it together..

your course setups are just baffling..they don't work, they' don't reveal the champion golfer any more than just hiding golf balls for each golfer on each hole and having them play them in..

your rules are not growing or helping the game..they don't build interest, they don't help pace of play and apparently there appears to be uneven application of them during the course of play

and when confronted..

you sort of say 'I'm sorry' and ask for another chance..

what is past is prologue

and I dare say an extremely accurate predictor of future action..

there is a reason that people are frustrated, angry and are losing faith..

you own that..

that's my ruling..

but I'll make you wait 6 more holes before I assess a penalty..

and then say

'I'm sorry'

k_f
      from the hidden Ravine below 13th at CN G&CC
      tu nunquam hic

Secret Swing Tech c/o Pigaman @ Crackpot Labs

wisdomingolf.com/index.php?option=com_ku...&id=47972&Itemid=225

let energy instead of style define you.

Proud Member 'Quote Yourself Club'

Comment

• pigaman
        pigaman commented
        Editing a comment
        Now, tell us how you really feel!!

Hi WIG Friends..

If you're up to reading a well written, intelligently reasoned and timely article on the US Open Ruling Controversy - from the mind of

Gary Van Sickle, Golf Magazine..

he manages to hit all the critical points in a pretty evenhanded way - and it's devastating ..

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/u-...173920553.html

I suspect most of you by now are wondering 'when will k_f get off this soapbox?' ..or do I have something solid to throw at him to see if gravity and momentum work on getting him off this topic? or something like that...

the answer is ..

I think that I can't easily let this one pass..

Frankly - the game is being held hostage ..I'm not sure we need to get all Liam Neeson on them..but he might help be a good 'go to' guy for this..

not sure that killing is necessarily the way we need to go..but maybe they could just resign and find more suitable lines of work..

well - the members were out last night..apparently it was an all Scotch, Worst Ball set of foursomes ...their clubs are pretty dirty..and they seemed rather eager to go out again today and give the losers a chance to win their money back.

I think they've all made it to their cabins ..hopefully sleeping it off..but a Crackpot Golf Theorist's Job is never done..

cheers for now

k_f
      from the hidden Ravine below 13th at CN G&CC
      tu nunquam hic

Secret Swing Tech c/o Pigaman @ Crackpot Labs

wisdomingolf.com/index.php?option=com_ku...&id=47972&Itemid=225

let energy instead of style define you.

Proud Member 'Quote Yourself Club'

Comment

• pigaman
        pigaman commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course, "worst ball" doesn't happen for the members using the now standard NBF (nothing but fairways) ball. They are now available in the CN pro shop. Note: they are still in beta testing at this time.

k_f, that was a well thought out and written article. My impression is that USGA was trying to make itself relevant but only made a case for the USGA being irrelevant. I agree golf needs to get back to the integrity of the player and game. Bobby Jones made a call that he caused the ball to move when he moved a leaf and had the 1 stroke penalty assessed when no none else saw it. That remains an iconic moment in golf!

Comment

Working...
      X