Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Determining the Optimum Swing Anchor and Swing Path For Your Body - Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the battle rope is a fantastic training aid plus a fantastic tool to develop strenght.
    I do not fully agree on the role of the rear foot. For me then there is a tendency to sway. As a result, I prefer more to make the 1 leg drill (front foot) That gives me a more stable turn and less swaying tendency, but creates all the other advantages in your list as well. And right, if the backswing is sound, there is no short circuit and consequently the task to go to the target is much safer to be performed.

Comment

Hi All - I've come to the conclusion that swing anchor is important but that there is no need to spend further money on books (ie.like the one I bought written by Edward Tischler) to determine biomechanically what best fits my body. Mr Tischler has done a fantastic task of identifying a spectrum of movements that may cover the golf swing but I don't think its necessary to take 'biomechanical' tests (outlined in his books for Accuracy/Power /Good Feel ).

For example there are tests for :
      Accuracy : Swing Path, Swing Track, Wrist Lever Action, Lever Delivery Action
      Power: Swing Anchor, Torque System, Clearing Action. Axis of Symmetry
      Good Feel: Swing Linkage, Swing Slotting, Postural Release, Arc Management

These books are good for reference purposes or for those that have learned a golf swing that doesn't fit their body and need guidance (or proof to persuade them) to change to a compatible one.

If one does the PMD drill properly , one will achieve all the above quite naturally because your body will move in the most friendly manner possible. And while doing the PMD, grip the club so that you minimise excessive rolling of the forearms and wrists through impact. Problem solved :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Alpineberlinette View Post
        Yes, the battle rope is a fantastic training aid plus a fantastic tool to develop strenght.
        I do not fully agree on the role of the rear foot. For me then there is a tendency to sway. As a result, I prefer more to make the 1 leg drill (front foot) That gives me a more stable turn and less swaying tendency, but creates all the other advantages in your list as well. And right, if the backswing is sound, there is no short circuit and consequently the task to go to the target is much safer to be performed.

This is where Shawn is excellent. He has came up with so many training aids, tools and analogies that there's one for each of us. Because we are different in so many ways, it's marvelous that there's wide selection to choose from. For me, one leg drill and feet together drill have been somehow difficult. In the beginning of my WIG career I thought I have to master these drills if I want to be a decent golfer some day but luckily all the analogies were more for me (hammer, battering ram, battle rope). It wouldn't hurt though to master these drills!

Swaying in backswing has not been an issue for me but after training with battle rope, I think I have been swaying during the downswing because lacking a proper anchoring.

Comment

Working...
        X